- We provide a user learning management system made available via our website at 126.96.36.199 and subdomains of carecurve.com (website), which enables you to build and manage online courses (services).
- We can change these terms at any time if we give you 30 days’ notice of the change, whether via our website or by sending you an email. You cannot change these terms except with our prior written consent.
What you get
- You become a registered user if we have given you a username and password and you have agreed to follow the website terms and these terms. You need to make sure your username and password is secure and confidential. Make sure you tell us straight away if you think or know someone else has used your password or there has been any other security breach.
- If you follow these terms, then we grant you a non-exclusive, non-transferable licence to access and use the service via the website according to the specifications of the access plan you have subscribed for. We can withdraw this licence whenever we want and for any reason.
- If you have subscribed for support, then if you do have technical problems with the service, you should make all reasonable efforts to investigate and diagnose problems before contacting us. If you still need technical help, please contact our support team email@example.com. The type of support we give you depends on the plan you have subscribed for with us.
- You must only use the service and website for your own lawful purposes, in accordance with these terms and any notice sent by us or condition posted on the website.
- We let you use the service and website to provide and view online courses (courses) to others including your employees, students or otherwise (trainees). You must make sure that all trainees that access the courses are given, comply with, and accept terms between you and the trainees that incorporate these terms that apply to you. You acknowledge that you are solely responsible for your trainee’s actions while using the website and services and agree to indemnify and defend us from any claims, demands or lawsuits of any kind arising from your trainees’ breach any of these terms.
- It’s up to you how you run your courses, and what data you input into the website for the courses you develop, including without limitation, any logos, information look and feel of the website, and any other intellectual property (data), provided you comply with these terms. You acknowledge that we have no responsibility to any person other than you, including without limitation your trainees, and nothing in these terms confers a benefit on any person other than you. Any transactions or terms in relation to your courses are strictly between you and the trainees.
What does it cost you?
- When you first sign up as a customer, we give you a 14 day free trial to use the services. You can then check out the services, with no obligation to continue to use the services. If you choose to continue using the services, you will be billed from the day you first added your billing details into the services.
- Once you have agreed on a plan with us, you need to pay us the monthly fee for that plan (and any other taxes or duties) as set out in the fee schedule on our website. We can also change the fee schedule at any time if we give you 30 days’ notice by any means, including by email.
- Unless otherwise agreed with us in writing, we bill you in advance using Stripe. You agree that you will pay all charges to your account at any time for the length of your subscription. You can’t withhold payment or claim any set-off without getting our written agreement.
- If at any time you do not make a payment to us when you are supposed to, we can choose to (this doesn’t affect any other rights we may have against you) either:
13.1 make you pay, on demand, default interest on any amount you owe us at the greater of 10% per annum calculated on a daily basis, from the date when payment was due until the date when payment is actually made by you or lesser maximum permitted under applicable law. You will also need to pay all expenses and costs (including our legal costs) in connection with us trying to recover any unpaid amount from you; or
13.2 suspend or terminate your use of the service.
What you need to do
- You need to:
14.1 make sure you always give us your correct contact and billing details, particularly if these change;
14.2 follow these terms, the website terms and other agreements you have with us;
14.3 make sure that you comply to all laws, regulations, ordinances and other rules that relate to your use of the website, the service and any courses you develop.
- You remain solely responsible for complying with all applicable educational obligations, training requirements and other laws with regard to the website, the service and any courses you develop. For example, it is your responsibility to check that storage of and access to your data via the website will comply with laws applicable to you (including any laws requiring you to retain records).
What we don’t let you do
- You can’t:
16.1 assign or transfer any rights you have under these terms to any other person without getting our written agreement;
16.2 do anything that would damage or disrupt our website or a service or anyone else’s use of our website or a service;
16.3 use our website or a service, including, without limitation, any communication tools available through the website such as Skype, any forum, chat room or message centre:
16.3.1 to upload material or data in violation of any law (including to breach copyright or other intellectual property rights held by us or anyone else which you do not have the right to use);
16.3.2 to send unwelcome communications of any kind to anyone (e.g. spam or chain letters);
16.3.3 to abuse, defame, threaten, stalk or harass anyone;
16.3.4 to publish, post, upload or distribute unsuitable, offensive, obscene or discriminatory information of any kind;
16.3.5 for running any network scanning software, spiders, spyware software, robots, open relay software or similar software;
16.3.6 to upload anything or otherwise introduce any viruses, worms, trojan horses, time bombs or bots or any other damaging items which could interfere with our, or anyone else’s, network or computer system;
16.3.7 for using any software or device which may hinder the services (like mail bombs, war dialing, pinging etc.);
16.3.8 to attempt to gain unauthorised access to any services other than those to which you have been given express permission to access; or
16.3.9 using a false identity to try to trick anyone for any reason.
- You can terminate your access to the website and services at any time by sending an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and we will not charge you further for the services. However, we will not provide any part-month refund for any time not used in the month you cancel the service.
- We can also stop or suspend your access to the website or the service without telling you if you break any of these terms or any other agreement you have with us. In such circumstances you acknowledge that we may delete your data after termination.
- When you make any communication on the website, you represent that you are permitted to make such communication. We are under no obligation to ensure that the communications on the website are legitimate or that they are related only to the use of the services. You agree to indemnify and defend us from any claims, demands or lawsuits of any kind arising from your communications on the website.
- As with any other web-based forum, you must exercise caution when using the communication tools available on the website. However, while we are not obligated to, we have the right to remove any communication at any time.
- WE DON’T GIVE YOU ANY WARRANTY OR UNDERTAKING ABOUT THE SERVICES OR THE WEBSITE AS THEY ARE PROVIDED “AS IS”. TO AVOID DOUBT, ALL IMPLIED CONDITIONS OR WARRANTIES ARE EXCLUDED AS MUCH AS IS PERMITTED BY LAW, INCLUDING (WITHOUT LIMITATION) WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR PURPOSE, TITLE AND NON-INFRINGEMENT.
- We will try to give you access to our website all the time but we do not make any promises or provide you with a warranty that our website or the services will be without any faults or interruptions; be secure or private or that it won’t have any viruses or other similar nasty things.
- Whilst we intend that the services should be available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, it is possible that on occasions the website or services may be unavailable to permit maintenance or other development activity to take place. If for any reason we have to interrupt the services for longer periods than we would normally expect, we will use reasonable endeavours to publish in advance details of such activity on the website.
- Information on our website will change regularly. We will try to keep our website up to date and correct but again we do not make any promises or guarantees about the accuracy of the information on our website.
- We do not warrant that the services will meet your requirements or that they will be suitable for any particular purpose. It is your sole responsibility to determine that the services meet the needs of your business or otherwise and are suitable for the purposes for which they are used.
- We also aren’t legally responsible for:
26.1 any corruption or loss of data or other content which you or anyone else may experience after using our website, or any problems you may have when you view or navigate our website;
26.2 devices or equipment that we do not own or have not given you;
26.3 if you do not follow our instructions or these terms or the website terms;
26.4 any actions or non-actions or other people which disrupts access to our website including the trainees;
26.5.1 content of ads appearing on our website (including links to advertisers’ own websites) as the advertisers are responsible for the ads (we don’t endorse the advertisers’ products);
26.5.2 content of other people’s websites even if a link to their website is included on our website (we just include the links for convenience to you).
- You warrant that if you are accessing and using the services for the purposes of a business then, to the maximum extent permitted by law, any statutory consumer guarantees or legislation intended to protect non-business consumers in any jurisdiction do not apply to the supply of the services, the website or these terms.
- You agree not to do or omit to do anything which gives rise to any liability on your part or our part under any legislation or omit to do anything which would avoid that liability. This includes not making any representation or giving any guarantee, warranty or other undertaking to anyone including your trainees in relation to the services unless that representation, guarantee, warranty or undertaking is supplied by us.
Limitation of liability
- TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE (THIS INCLUDES OUR OFFICERS, STAFF AND AGENTS) ARE NOT LIABLE WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), EQUITY OR ON ANY OTHER GROUNDS TO YOU OR ANYONE ELSE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGE, LOSS, COST OR EXPENSE, DAMAGE TO PROPERTY, INJURY TO PERSONS, LOSS OF PROFITS, LOSS OF DATA OR REVENUE, LOSS OF USE, LOST BUSINESS OR MISSED OPPORTUNITIES, WASTED EXPENDITURE OR SAVINGS WHICH YOU MIGHT HAVE HAD, DENIAL OF SERVICE OR ACCESS TO OUR WEBSITE, OCCURRING DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY FROM THE USE OR ABILITY OR INABILITY TO USE, OR RELIANCE ON, OUR WEBSITE, OR THE SERVICE AND BASED ON ANY TYPE OF LIABILITY INCLUDING BREACH OF CONTRACT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, TORT (INCLUDING NEGLIGENCE), PRODUCT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE.
- YOU SHALL INDEMNIFY US AGAINST ALL CLAIMS, COSTS (INCLUDING ALL OUR SOLICITOR’S COSTS), EXPENSES, DEMANDS OR LIABILITY, DAMAGES AND LOSSES WITHER DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR OTHERWISE, AND WHETHER ARISING IN CONTRACT, TORT (INCLUDING IN EACH CASE NEGLIGENCE), OR EQUITY OR OTHERWISE ARISING FROM YOUR, OR ANY OF YOUR TRAINEE’S, BREACH OF ANY OF THESE TERMS OR ANY OBLIGATIONS THAT YOU OR THEY MAY HAVE TO US.
- If you are not satisfied with the services, then your sole and exclusive remedy is to terminate these terms.
- Despite the above, if any court holds us (this includes our officers, staff and agents) liable for any matter related to these terms after you suffer loss or damage, our total combined liability will be limited to the sum of your monthly access fee paid by you for the previous 6 months.
- We own or have the right to use the copyright, trademarks, design rights moral rights, software and other similar rights (intellectual property rights) with respect to our website or the service (our IP). You can’t reproduce any of the content on our website without getting our permission in writing. You do not have any rights to our IP except granted under these terms or any other agreement you have with us.
- You are not allowed to, and you can’t let anyone else, copy, alter, distribute, display, licence, modify or reproduce, reverse assemble, reverse compile (whether digitally, electronically, by linking, or in hard copy or by any means whatsoever) or use any of our IP without getting our permission first in writing, unless in order to use our website the way you are supposed to use it you need to copy, reproduce or use the IP.
- You need to tell us straight away if you think someone has infringed our IP, or someone has threatened to or you suspect someone might. You also need to tell us as soon as you become aware that someone claims any use of our website infringes the rights of anyone else. If this happens you will need to do everything we ask you to reasonably do (we will pay for your costs) to help us pursue or defend any associated proceedings.
- You own, or warrant that you are authorised to use, the intellectual property rights in any data you submit to the website. However, your access to the data depends on you paying your monthly fees when due. You grant us a licence to use, copy, transmit, store, and back-up your information and data for the purposes of enabling you and your trainees to access and use the services and for any other purpose related to provision of services to you.
- You must maintain copies of all data inputted into the services. We adhere to best practice policies and procedures to prevent data loss, including a daily system data back-up regime, but do not make any guarantees that there will be no loss of data. It is also up to you to remove all data prior to you terminating these terms with us.
- We can use any information we have about you relating to your credit worthiness and give that information to any other person for credit assessment and debt collection purposes.
- Your data is yours and is confidential until such time as it becomes public (through no fault of ours). We will not use it, disclose it or even look at it unless we have to for security or operational purposes (e.g. if it seems to be causing technical problems), or it breaches these terms or if we are required by law to do so (for example where we are legally required to disclose it).
- We might however collect and keep information about you that you have given us or that we have gained from another source. You agree that we can use your information for dealing internally with requests, complaints and other customer activities, market and product research and to be able to give you promotional material on our other services and special offers. We may also add your name and logo to marketing material (press release, advertising, etc.) so long as you are a customer of ours.
- We will collect your user information about your visits to our website to measure the amount of visitors to different parts of the site. We may gather more information if we are worried about security issues for example. If we have to by law then we might give any information or data to the authorities.
- We keep all of the personal information and your data that we collect confidential to the same extent as our confidential information (this includes your contact details). However you will no doubt understand that we cannot guarantee the security of any transmission.
- You must not disclose or make our confidential information available to any person, or use the same for your own benefit, other than as contemplated by these terms.
- You can contact us by writing to email@example.com or to any other email address notified by email to you by us, with copies of any legal notices sent to our parent company, Thrivist, LLC., 101 Creekstone Blvd. Franklin, TN ,37064, Attention: General Counsel. If we need to contact you we will email the email address you gave us when you set up our access to the services.
Rights of Third Parties:
- A person who is not a party to these terms, including a trainee, has no right to benefit under or to enforce any term of these terms.
- These terms and our relationship is governed by law of the State of California. The parties expressly exclude the application of the United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods. In any litigation, the prevailing party shall be reimbursed reasonable court costs and attorneys’ fees.
By ticking the box and accepting, you confirm your agreement to these terms on behalf of the organization you are registering and you confirm that you personally are authorised to accept this agreement on that organization’s behalf. This is a binding legal agreement so don’t accept unless you have the organization’s authority to do so.
These Terms & Conditions were last updated at October 20,2015.